BENEFITS OF SERVICE
- A unique and rewarding opportunity to meet and serve alongside other nonprofit leaders from a broad representation of organizations and to make a lasting impact on the nonprofit sector in Minnesota.
- A modest time commitment of about 3-4 hours per month (not including travel time to meetings and the July board retreat).
- Meetings are held during the workday, from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The commitment to attend events and meetings outside of working hours is minimal.
- MCN reimburses board members from greater Minnesota (that is, outside the seven-county Twin Cities metropolitan area) for their mileage to and from board meetings.
- Phone participation is available for board members not able to attend the meeting in person.
- Board members may attend all MCN events free of charge.